Resume Words to Include and Avoid | Indeed
Posted on Jan 7, 2020
- Help & Support
- Editorial & Educational
- Business & Work
- 2 min
Learn more about words to avoid and include in your resume: https://go.indeed.com/resume-words-to-avoid-or-include
Try these action verbs for your resume: https://go.indeed.com/resume-action-verb-list
Want to improve your resume? Consider the impact of the words you use to describe yourself and your work experience. In this video, we provide examples of persuasive resume action words and words that should be avoided. We also list resume power words for multiple industries so that you can choose what applies to you. Remember, the smallest moves are sometimes the smartest!
Check out our lists for words to avoid and words to use in your resume:
1.Here are the top resume words to avoid: core competency, bottom line, move the needle, thought leadership, wheel house, think outside the box and hard worker. Check out these Top 8 Resume Do's and Don'ts: https://go.indeed.com/resumes-dos-donts
2. When talking about your communication skills, use words like: collaborated, conveyed, instructed or performed.
3. If you’re applying for a creative role, use words like: authored, brainstormed, communicated, briefed or conceptualized. Learn more about building a creative resume: https://go.indeed.com/creative-resumes
4. For any role in the financial field, use these words: classified, halted, dispensed, audited or equalized.
5. Great resume words for sales positions include: conserved, converted, earned and generated. Learn more about how to highlight your skills for a sales resume: https://go.indeed.com/sales-skills-resume
6. For jobs in the tech industry use words like these: advanced, architected, automated, coded or deployed.
Watch more episodes of Smart & Small: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bZi-34IFxs&list=PL6qIzGkkiXFFGIZ09uOBn4JAGYdooXxfP
Search for your next job: https://www.indeed.com/
Indeed is the world's #1 job site, with over 250 million unique visitors* every month from over 60 different countries. We provide free access to search and apply for jobs, post your resume, research companies, and compare salaries. Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. On our YouTube channel, you’ll find tips and personal stories to help you take the next step in your job search.
*Google Analytics, Unique Visitors, September 2018
**Terms, conditions and quality standards apply.
#resumewords #actionwords #resume